Wednesday 28 November 2012

To frisbee



To Young Ones

I am Romey and when I was eight years old, I lived near Dover. As a small boy i loved and still do two things in life- the long beach coast of Dover and my Frisbee.I remember waking up early and would hurry to the beach with my frisbee. Here i must introduce to you a very dear friend, his name was Jack, he loved my frisbee and would always run to catch it, when I threw it.He was so natural in catching it before it landed and I loved his style."Jack", i would shout and he will wag his tail but will never let go my frisbee.I used to run to catch him but he would run faster, so I would sit down and wait for him to drop my frisbee. Jack would get bored and then he would come to give me the frisbee rather reluctantly.
Jack with frisbee.
Jack with frisbee.

Growing up

I had to leave mum and dad in order to study and hence I was sent to a boarding school. I was not very happy leaving Jack and missed him. I took the frisbee with me and played with my friends but nobody could substitute Jack for me. The joy and the force of the game was missing. I waited for my vacation to go back and play frisbee with Jack. When i returned home, I noticed many changes in Jack. He got up before me and ran ahead and eagerly played the game and Jack brought the Frisbee back to me without me shouting at him. the vacations made us more close and somehow he knew i would leave again and i think he was greatly disturbed by it..Once I asked him "Jack would you like to come with me ?"he rubbed his body with mine, licked my face and ran away and it appeared that he loved the coast more and I .felt humbled. I was reminded of the famous lyrics of the song , ".how do you solve a problem called Maria, how do you catch a cloud and pin it down." Jack is no more and now I am well settled with my family, in London. I still have the frisbee with me and i have gifted it to my children who play with it but the enjoyment I had shared with Jack was greater and I miss the coast and Jack.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paru,
    I really enjoyed going through the article.Needless to say that this reminded me of our college days when you used to talk to us all about the dog you had at home.I recall the day when you came to college,tears rolling down your cheeks.I could not make out the reason for the sorrow but all I could gather was that you had lost something/someone very close to you.You then told me about the death of the dog in an accident.At this moment I do share the joy of reading the article as also the sorrow.Sweet memories are treasures none can steal but you also know "Our sweetest songs are those that tell us of saddest thoughts"---------Love.......Viji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Viji, hi,your comment made me feel nice and sad because those days when we were together appears to be the best period of are life. i did not realise that kind of friendship and the happiness will bind us for ever no matter where we are and what we do. your lovely comment made me go down the memory lane and the dog your are referring to is LuLU and later in my in-law place i had another, he was called Bruno. years later my mother and my nephew had one called Sania. All three i loved... any way nice hearing from you ,hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, This can be related to many things...brining back many such memories....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, yes u are right i cannot forget or erase them even if want to.

    ReplyDelete